By providing your details you confirm you agree with our Terms and conditions and Privacy notice
Entrust icon 100% Secure


Construction insurance

Established in 1990, our customers have benefitted from our years of industry knowledge and experience.

Why choose

  • We've been covering businesses with insurance since 1990
  • We can offer up to £10 million liability instead of the standard up to £5 million
  • Our contact centre is based in the UK in south Wales
Feefo Logo
Constructaquote Feefo Star Rating

Rated out of 5
from reviews

28 years of insuring business Call Us

What is construction insurance?

Construction is a high-risk industry. Though health and safety is taken very seriously, working environments can nonetheless pose a number of dangers to both employees and members of the public. As a business owner, it’s down to you to offset these by taking out appropriate cover.

Not only do you have a moral obligation to make sure you offer suitable protection to these parties, in some instances you have a legal one too. Indeed, it’s up to you to cover all eventualities, from potential property damage through to injuries that those on or around your site may suffer.

Luckily, that’s why construction insurance exists. Designed to protect businesses from the fallout of injuries or losses suffered onsite, it means you needn’t worry about covering legal fees or providing compensation should you be found at fault.

More than that, it can cover you for any potentially damaging losses that you and your business may suffer, such as expensive machinery or tools becoming broken or breaking down.

What does construction insurance cover?

Construction insurance might seem like a good idea on paper, but it can be hard to know whether or not it’s necessary for your business. Nobody wants to spend without good cause, so you may find it helpful to read this brief explanation on who it’s designed for.

The purpose of construction insurance is to provide coverage for property damage, third party injuries or damage claims, which means that those whose businesses are rooted within the construction industry will benefit from having it.

Assuming that you work near other people and their properties, you run the risk of footing the bill if the unexpected happens.  This is why having adequate insurance in place is really is the only reliable way to protect your enterprise.

For this reason, our construction insurance policies have been designed with your profession in mind, offering complete and comprehensive cover.   

Do I need construction insurance?

When we refer to construction insurance, we’re encompassing a number of different types of cover within this umbrella term. This is to ensure that each of your unique needs is met. While no policy will look entirely the same, they can include the following:

Public liability insurance is a catch-all defence against claims pertaining to personal injury or property damage resulting from events occurring at your construction site. Claims that fall within this sphere can be substantial, so minimum cover typically begins at around £1 million. Professional indemnity insurance is designed to protect against claims pertaining to professional negligence. Some clients will require it before they’ll agree to contract with you.

Unlike some other types of cover, employers’ liability insurance is required by law. This ensures that if any of your employees suffer from an illness or medical condition as a result of working for you, they are able to claim appropriate damages. Minimum cover begins at £5 million.

As an added protection, many business owners choose to take out contractors’ all risks insurance. This typically covers the expensive tools, plant, and equipment that you’ll use on your site. 


  1. Since 1990, we've been helping businesses find the cover they need to stay protected
  2. UK based contact centre trained to help you with your insurance queries
  3. Ability to obtain a policy with cover up to £10 million
  4. Flexibility to adapt your policies throughout the year

Read our guides

Read our FAQ's

The normal limits are £1m, £2m or £5m. This can be extended up to £10m or more if required. 

Read More

As an employer in the UK, you’ll need to protect yourself and your company against claims of negligence brought by an employee. It’s a legal requirement for you to take out employers liability insurance cover to insure against liability for injury or disease to your employees arising out of them working for you.

Read More

Before insurers quote you a premium for your contractors' all risk policy, they will first consider a number of factors in order to determine what kind of risk you are.

Such factors will include the scope, value, location and duration of the work you will be undertaking.

Read More

Sometimes temporary site buildings are automatically included in a CAR policy as long as these are the insured works originally stipulated when buying the policy.

They may be covered under the general definition of the contract works indemnified by the definition of contract works within the policy.

If not, then it will be down to the policyholder to amend said policy to include any temporary buildings as required.

Read More

Related Products